Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Weekend

On Friday I had to be at work late into the evening and I also had an agility trial in Fillmore. I was able to split my work day up and attend the trial without having to take the day off. Pie was my only dog entered and she got a double Q with 2 third places.

On Saturday I attended our club's SchH trial. Fancy was entered for her BH (for those who don't remember, the BH is a temperament test with an obedience portion and a road test portion.) Fancy passed and the judge gave us some very nice comments about how well she worked, our teamwork, her attention, and the fact that it is nice to see a non-working breed dog do good work.

I had hoped to go on and attempt Fancy's SchH obedience titles at a future date, but I recently discovered she does not like the gun shots. Fancy's never been skittish around car backfires or other noises that set off some gun shy dogs so it is a little surprising. I hope I might be able to get her over it, because she does a job and is very cute going over the large jump with the heavy dumbbell. If not, she can still try the tracking, but it will be a while before she is ready for that.

In addition to Fancy's passing BH, the trial was a lot of fun. The judge's critiques of all three phases for the other dogs were very helpful to help me understand what is most correct. Three of the dogs entered for SchH 1 passed including the lady in the club who helps me so much (both of her dogs passed). A SchH 3 dog also passed and got enough points to qualify for the Nationals. It was neat to see a 3 routine.

On Sunday we went back to the agility trial and all the dogs played in the river and had fun. Pie got a little tired and wasn't super fast, but she still got a double Q and two more third places. Very consistent.

Now I am at my parent's house to celebrate Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to the best Dad ever!

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

thanks for the Father's Day wishes